Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Poem

Last week I learned the poem A Red Red Rose by Robert Burns.
Oh my luve is like a red, red rose, 

That's newly sprung in June: 

Oh my luve is like the melodie, 

That's sweetly play'd in tune. 


As fair art thou, my bonie lass, 

So deep in luve am I; 

And I will luve thee still, my dear, 

Till a' the seas gang dry. 


Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear, 

And the rocks melt wi' the sun; 

And I will luve thee still, my dear, 

While the sands o' life shall run. 


And fare thee weel, my only luve! 

And fare thee weel a while! 

And I will come again, my luve, 

Tho' it were ten thousand mile! 
 My favorite line in the poem is " O my love is like a melody that sweetly played in tune." This is my favorite line because I love and play music. The general tone of this poem is a man who is deeply in love. And who cant wait to get back together with his love. The hole rhythm of this poem is the same. I like that its the same because it helps you learn the poem and its catchy. Something that I wasn't sure about this poem was if Robert Burns was talking about love as a person, or just the emotion love.

No comments:

Post a Comment